|The lecture for Sunday April 29, 2007, 5:30 pm Israel time (10:30 am EST)|
will be given by Rabbi Chizkiyah Kaner shlit'a
The subject for today's Shiur is:
Chagigah 26: The Tum'ah of Wooden Utensils
Click on an icon to begin playback.
Main Sources Page
Questions addressed in this Shi'ur:
- Why did Chazal rule that a wooden utensil which is never moved is Tahor?
- What is the difference between a large wooden utensil (which is not Tamei even mid'Rabanan, and which cannot become a Midras)
and a flat wooden utensil (which is Tamei mid'Rabanan, and which can become a Midras)?
- What is the logic behind the rule that flat wooden utensils are Tahor?
- What is the logic behind the rule that any utensil cannot stop Tum'ah from spreading past it?
- What is the logic behind the rule that any utensil which can acquire Tum'as Midras, can be made Tamei by a Mes as well?